Thursday, April 7, 2011

New Goodwill Store Under Construction

Terri and I just passed by the new Goodwill Store now under construction on the top level of The Terraces.

Notices on the door state that there will be job interviews conducted, beginning on April 19, so if you want to seek employment at the new outlet, please visit the construction site for further details.

While many may feel our area might not be a good area to have a Goodwill Store, I think it can provide more job opportunities and provide a bit more revenue to our city, and I happen to like that.

We do hope there is a drop off location behind the store the a somewhat large area accessable from both the Western Avenue driveway and the Caddington access to The Terraces. I think our city's residents can be very generous with good they wish to give away and the location of the new outlet is very near all residents of the eastern side of R.P.V.

I don't have any opening date information available right now, but I think I am going to hold off any donations of items I am not considering sending to Japan, until the new store opens.

Naturally I hope everyone is doing what they can to support all those who need food, clothing, and shelter because of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, but some things you might wish to give away might be better donated to those seeking good items at very low costs at stores like Goodwill, Salvation Army, and other charitable thrift stores. Please also don't forget Harbor Interfaith Shelter's needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment