Monday, September 17, 2012

Bits and Pieces 61

I learned something new to add to my too-much-information trivia about eastern Rancho Palos Verdes and specifically the Eastview Post Office.

Many of you know about the small post office located in a strip mall along Western Avenue, in Rancho Palos Verdes.

If you mail a letter to be opened by someone at that post office, you would need to use "Rancho Palos Verdes" and its Zip Code: 90275.

Rancho Palos Verdes and three other cities on The Hill have as their 'main' post office, the big one by the large mall, in Rolling Hills Estates.

When our mail is delivered, it comes to us after being sorted at the big office on The Hill.

Now here's the thing. The small post office in Eastivew is serviced by the large post office in San Pedro, not Rolling Hills Estates.

I never knew that, until this morning.

Zip Codes make routing mail easier.

If you believe work will ever be completely complete on the Sanitation Districts pumping station along Western Avenue near Avenida Aprenda, I've still got two acres of The Moon and I'd be happy to sell you one.

I think we will see the new Outfall System sunk, tunnelled and completed years before work finally ends at the 'popular for workers' site on Western.

Broiler Express is still a good place to get some simple, great tasting food. They have a drive-through, too.

It's not Fall yet, so I'm not looking in my mailbox to see if the Environmental Impact Report for Ponte Vista at San Pedro has been issued.

I'm still wanting a park their first. I have absolutely no problem with the existing zoning remaining on the site which allows for up to 429 dwelling units. I would try my best to live with up to 850 dwelling units.

1,135 dwelling units at Ponte Vista at San Pedro must never happen.

Please have a safe and happy last few days of the true Summer season.

No comments:

Post a Comment