Monday, January 28, 2013

Really, It's Not Supposed To Be A Secret.

It seems I may have shocked a friend with some news I thought I told him about, some months ago.

I guess I probably didn't explain myself too well or the information didn't get passed along as it probably should have.

For that, I am sorry and I should now continue to reveal some information that some may have remembered and others still haven't heard about.

Anyway, the timing got moved up so it is now time to post exactly what is going on with Terri and me.

Within several days or perhaps a week to 10 days, a For Sale sign will be placed in our front yard.

The house I live in was in a trust for my sister and myself and when our mom passed away last September 26, the clock started ticking towards the eventual sale of the house we grew up in.

Terri and I have started seriously looking to buy a home in the Murrieta/Temecula area of Southern California.

We have chosen to move away from the area rather than attempting to purchase my sister's portion of the home, so we can have wonderful adventures rather than being trapped with any type of home loan.

Since I first arrived at the home we still live in, by the way on May 4, 1955 I bet I loved where I live from my very first memories. I have spent time living in other places and in other homes.

When I physically leave RPV I won't truly leave and I will continue to wonder, opine and comment on things happening in an area that grew up as I grew up.

I never want to come back for a visit and find I can't travel on P.V. Drive East because San Ramon Canyon was not repaired as it must me. I also don't with to have to sit through an hour's worth of traffic getting from P.V. Drive North to Trudie Drive along Western Avenue.

I especially hope to find that someday the folks at Marymount College will have a campus EVERYONE can be proud of and live nearby.

The areas Terri and I are looking at are continuing to be built up after more than a decade of so of great and quick growth, At least one new hospital is being built in both Murrieta and Temecula and industry is seeing more growth in Temecula. Murrieta is more of a 'bedroom' community as we have found and there are churches and religious conference centers and religious schools just about everywhere you turn, in that part of the state.

The area is also about half-way between our son Daniel, his wife Rainbow and our granddaughter Monroe (22 weeks in production-all healthy and happy) and half-way between many members of Terri's family in the San Diego area.

We are both still considered too young to be truly retired so there may be more job opportunities in growing businesses and services in the area and we will use the new home as a base camp for our next phase of life, that of being active and traveling seniors.

Whether I have agreed or disagreed with folks on topics in RPV we must know that folks are so passionate about this city and the area we call home. In an area of 8 Million souls plus, we sometimes are a small town 'out there', way in the country.

Too all those who have read this blog to date, thank you so very much! I'm not done writing it, by a long shot and please expect to see more humorous and possibly biting comments coming from me.

The east side of The Hill has been a remarkable and unforgettable place to grow up and live on. The Radomes on the top helped protect us and they were burned into my memories for all of my life.

The housing market is heating up both here and where we are looking to buy. Timing is everything so we have to make our moves at a time when we can get the most new home for the least cost while trying to get the most from the Trudie house.

We're here for several more months and then another of life's adventures moves east.

Please be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment