Tuesday, July 19, 2011

And Now There Are Seven!

I've just received confirmation of three more candidates running for the three seats up for election to, this November.

In additions to the four previously mentioned in prior posts, Ms. Dora de la Rosa, Mr. Eric Alegria and Mr. Jerry Duhovic have entered the race.

I have added the Web site address for Mr. Alegria in the links portion of this blog and I will add links to the sites of the other candidates, once I learn them.

I do not personally know any of the three newest additions to the candidate list but I do know that Ms. de la Rosa has been an influential member of the Palos Verdes Peninsula School Board for a number of years. Since our neighborhoods in the Eastview area of Rancho Palos Verdes do not get to vote for members of the school board in which we send approximately 80% of our school-age kids, I have kept myself more informed and commenting on 'our' issues relating to L.A.U.S.D., including the two L.A.U.S.D. schools actually located in the city or Rancho Palos Verdes.

One more tidbit about one of the three 'new' candidates is that Mr. Alegria has received the endorsement of the Los Angeles County Democratic Party. I like that!

If more candidates enter the race, I'll try my best to post new information about all of the candidates as I learn them.

It's really still what the candidates say about the issues we find important in our city that should help to select the best three to fill the seats being vacated by termed out members.

As one who believes our city has made good forward progress over the last eight years, I don't see any reason to change forward progress and reasonable, realistic, responsible and respectful progress, into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment