Monday, July 25, 2011

Eight and Counting?

Former Council member and Former Mayor Ms. Barbara Ferraro has entered the race for one of the three seats on our City Council.

I will provide her Web site address once I learn it.

I must first admit that when she ran the last time and was not elected, I felt she was not all that comfortable with many of us on the east side of The Hill and she didn't really seem all that interested in our issues.

Perhaps and hopefully that will change and we can all learn more about her thoughts about all of the issues, even the ones more affecting those of us on the east side.

On another political front, I am hearing the strangest things about who may or may not seek and use recommendations from various groups.

One of the more interesting things that has cropped up lately is that there has been a few rumblings 'out there' that MAY suggest members of Palos Verdes Peninsula Watch might actually endorse one or two folks now running for Council who are registered Democrats!

Really? Really! What a true hoot that would be.

I am not qualified to run for any elected office but if I were, I would never seek the endorsement of PVP Watch as I am really opposed to many of their stands on a whole variety of issues.

But strangers are happening. Since this election does not really involve political parties, I can and even may very well spend my two remaining votes on candidates who are affiliated with the Republican Party. See, the strangeness has begun and will continue.

I have heard from a few folks as to their initial take on who they think-right-now, the three new Council members will or should be. I am pleased that I have heard from a number of folks they feel Dave Emenhiser will be one of the three sworn in, this December.

It's so early though, that yard signs are not to go up until August 7. I will have a Dave Emenhiser sign high over Trudie Drive as drivers head up the hill.

I don't know yet who I will seek other yard signs from.

If I don't post in the coming two to three weeks, I have an excuse, poor as you may think it is.

We fly off to Fiji for the wedding of our elder son David and when we return we do a quick turn around and head out to the Page Family Campout.

I really don't have much of an interest in attempting to blog while I am snorkeling or wandering under redwoods and over mountain trails or over coral reefs.

1 comment:

  1. I have not commented since the Measure P days, but Mrs. Ferraro's entry into the race deserves a quick note. While I very much like Mrs. Ferraro personally (she is a kind and thoughtful person), her vocal support for Measure P is a deal breaker.

    Marymount ran the most deceptive campaign in the city's history, implying that a yes vote was needed to get the "facilities all residents could enjoy". Of course those facilities were already approved, the vote was about the dorms, something Marymount did their best to obfuscate. They figured they could trick enough people on the west side to vote for the measure, they figured wrong.

    While good people can disagree, Mrs Ferraro went along with Marymount's charade. Despite her many wonderful qualities, I can't get past that instance of bad judgment.

    ReplyDelete