Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Got It Really Wrong!

I 'oopsed' really big and it took me about four years to finally get it correct.

I had originally thought that my address was outside the area for the R.P.V. Storm Drain User Fee assessment.

For all this time until now, I opined that I couldn't support or vote on a fee that I didn't benefit from and that others would have to pay, in our city.

I know the first vote was taken by mailed ballots and the results showed an every too slightly approval of the fee, so a second vote was taken.

I don't think I received a mailed ballot, but perhaps I did. Had I received the ballot and still considered that I was not a part of the area, I would have not voted. I don't vote when there is only one candidate for that office or there is only one way to vote on some type of measure.

Anyway, I was also informed that the second vote was held during a General Election.

Back then, had that also been on my ballot and had I still thought I was not living within the fee area, I would have not voted either way or perhaps I would have voted 'no' because I do not feel it is correct to receive a benefit without being charged a fee others in our city were going to be charged.

This also means I probably didn't take as good of a look at the small print of the property tax bills I have paid on the property I live at, since 1998. My bad, there, too.

When I took a good look at the property tax bill I usually only look at the total amount owed and the two payments, I found the fee in the "Direct Assessment" portion of the bill.

I think I did a fairly good job in straightening out my error that I gave myself, before hooping and hollering.

I've owed the fee. I have paid the assessment and I am certainly not all that unhappy that I found out how incorrect I was.

I do believe that if I am going to receive a benefit others in our city have to pay for, I should have to pay for it, too. I guess that is just too 'progressive' for some in our city.

I think that since I have paid the Storm Drain User Fee I now can deal better with all prospects with any discussions about a city Sewer maintenance levy, fee, assessment or tax.

I do think the maintenance of our city's owned sewer system is very important and I will make more sure whether I might fall into the realm of a resident who could be subject to such fee.

What all this means may amount to nothing since so few R.P.V. residents actually read this blog.

I don't mind though. Writers write, no matter who necessarily reads what they write.

I REALLY DO APPRECIATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY REGULAR READERS AND EACH AND EVERY 'VISITING' READER OF ANY POST ON THIS BLOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment