Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's Dirty Tricks...But NOT From Me!

APPARENTLY, several sources have confided with me that there was a "six-page" document placed overnight into some mailboxes on "the east side" that state some very negative things about Ms. Susan Brooks, one of the seven active candidates for our City Council.

I have not seen the purported document nor do I have knowledge of who may have received the document. I would however, be very interested in reading it.

A couple of names of some folks have been offered to me as a possible source, but I probably will never see any confirmation about who may have written it.

As for my 'alibi' for last night, I had a 7:00 AM casting call at Travel Town to participate as a 'fake film crew member' for an AFI student thesis film titled, "The Date".

That call ended early enough for me to get home and take a too short nap to be ready for my second casting call, in Long Beach.

My 5:00 PM call was for a feature film shoot titled, "Ugly Shoes" and I was a 'finalist' to win a contest as part of the script, having the ugliest shoes.

I chose my 'Darryl Iyckt' drunk character and 'he' was recorded doing what he did for the shoot, which ended at about 8:30 PM.

Now folks might think I would have had lots of time during the rest of the night to do dirty tricks, but REST was foremost on my mind after two casting calls in a single day.

After I had a late dinner (I didn't know until last night that cheap tacos at Del Taco are three for a dollar on Tuesday evenings!) I plowed through a bunch of Emails for role submits and then I went to bed and didn't wake up until the alarm went off at 6:00 AM this morning.

Anyway, I don't need to resort to stuffing mailboxes or anything else, other than this blog, to try and get my ideas out.

Heck, there could be other sets of documents out there against other candidates I still don't know about. I'd be interested in reading any of them, if they also exist.

But I had nothing to do with any 'smear' documents provided against any candidates last night.

If I wanted to smear a particular candidate, I would offer the name of that candidate's supporter who wrote a racist and very bigoted Email, last March, along with absolutely no mention of contempt for that Email, by the candidate.

So, if anyone has a copy of the document, please scan it and Email it to me at mrichards2@hotmail.com. I won't acknowledge where it came from, but I might use a portion of it, IF I find anything really worthwhile to print.

Again, just to remind folks, the main reason I will not support or endorse Susan Brooks for Council is because since this election changes the Council more than when it first met, I believe no previously elected person should sit on the new Council, beginning this December.

Yes, I do have some other issues with Susan, but my first reason is the only reason I can see right now to hope that should folks wish to place ONE conservative onto the new Council, I would ask you to consider Mr. Jerry Duhovic, if you are a mind to vote for a conservative.

No comments:

Post a Comment