Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bits and Pieces 51

This Tuesday, our city will have a new Mayor, new Mayor Pro Tem and three new City Council members.

I hope and expect to watch Mr. Anthony Misetich sworn in as Mayor and Mr. Brian Campbell to be elected and then sworn in as Mayor Pro Tem.

I hope this happens, but I can't be sure it will. Boy, do I wish I could be more sure.

As of the end of the meeting on Tuesday, there will not be three 'former' Mayors sitting on the Council, but there will be one. Also, that former Mayor will have more time on the Council than all other members.

I want everyone to remember what Anthony Misetich and Brian Campbell have been doing these past two years and understand that, while I don't necessarily agree with them on many issues, I feel they have earned leadership positions and should be the next Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem.

Now, I am going to get myself in some really, truly HOT WATER with the following.

MIGHT, and I really mean MIGHT there be something going on at Miraleste Intermediate School and the lack of proper heating, there?

As you may know, my wife Terri works in the school's library and today she finally felt she 'had enough' of being cold in the library where the heat has not been turned on.

Terri went so far as calling the District's office to complain.

What she was told MIGHT be shocking and really should be investigated.

Here is my hypothesis, but I have no proof and it is simply MY conjecture and not from any other person, including Terri:

MIGHT it be that heat throughout at least parts of the Miraleste I.S. campus be turned off for reasons other than what one MIGHT expect?

MIGHT an official at either the campus or the School District be attempting to 'save money' or earn some other type of credit by keeping the heat off, in at least parts of the school?

I would like an investigation. I want District monitors to sit in the library, classrooms, the gymnasium, T.A.B. and other rooms, with thermometers, to study what the temperatures are inside the rooms, on days in the not too distant future are forecasted to be 'cool' to 'cold' days.

I think parents and others should be provided the information about the environment where students are being instructed or having other learning being conducted.

It may take monitors at other school campuses to create a study to determine which schools have heat turned on, or not and which campuses provide the most comfortable setting possible, for students to do their best, in those schools.

I HOPE nobody within any school or the District is attempting to gain favors for themselves or others if it turns out that adequate heat is not being provided.

The wind last night did some minor 'trimming' of our jacaranda tree. I think more 'trimming' will occur tonight.

A potted ficus was blown over and one of the four periaktoi blew over and onto the fence, also with the wind. Thankfully for me, the side that hit the fence was covered with luan and not one of the two sides covered with muslin.

Please remain safe, warm, cozy and comfortable during these windy times. The Low Pressure area is pretty far south, as viewed on a map and it is expected that there will be strong winds coming from a more northern area, as opposed to where last night's winds came from.

A certain 'right jolly old elf' is coming to R.P.V. and the Lomita Sheriff's Station is helping him with his travels through our city. It is wonderful for us to hear joy and laughter from the younger residents living on our block. For so many years, there were no 'little ones' on our block and there were some gaps of time that were measured in years and years, where the 'little ones' were not around.

There are now reasons for the 'elf in the red suit' stopping by our block. Welcome, Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment