Friday, June 18, 2010

What A Wonderful Sign

Hold on to your car keys, walking shoes, sweet tooth, and aroma senses, Amalfitano Bakery is not open yet.

Terri and I drove past Western Plaza shopping center and gazed upon the brand new sign of the bakery we are waiting the opening of.

Mr. Anthony Amalfitano is the owner of this new bakery which could be considered the 'daughter' of the famous but late San Pedro landmark, Ramona's Bakery.

The new Bakery is located near the corner of Western Avenue and Trudie Drive and when it opens it will certainly contain many of the treats so famous that many of us enjoyed while Ramona's Bakery was open.

I don't know the opening date of the Bakery. The display counters are still covered with plastic and the kitchen area is not quite finished.

The plastic has been removed from the windows and it looks like work is progressing faster than it has been in the previous months.

I haven't decided yet which treat will be the first one I enjoy at Amalfitano Bakers. I think I will leave that decision until I find out if their Chocolate Chip Cookies contain nuts. (REAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES NEVER CONTAIN NUTS).

Terri and I wish Mr. Anthony Amalfitano, his family, and all the employees of Amalfitano Bakery a wonderful, joyous, and profitable opening and a very long stay at its new location in Rancho Palos Verdes.

No comments:

Post a Comment