Monday, February 21, 2011

Bits and Pieces 27

I have some things to write about, but I am also very involved with editing a video for distribution this coming Friday, so I don't have time right now to post much.

Some things I will be dealing with include:

Redondo Beach moves to municipal elections by mail, which will save the city some funds. A charter city can save taxpayer dollars by spending less on vote by mail rather than polling location voting.

A NO vote on Measure C is a support for on-campus housing at Marymount College.

If anyone tells you that Marymount's supporters don't have any 'allowances' or 'angendas' regarding Marymount College and voting down the charter, please do not believe them.

It is rather easy to connect opposition of Measure C to attempts to secure approval for Marymount College building dorms on their Palos Verdes Drive East campus.

Yes, that Palos Verdes Drive East. The one that may need upwards of 21 Million Dollars of repairs to the canyon that sits next to the the drive's switchbacks. And no, Marymount College has not offered a dime to help secure reliable passage over the switchbacks so students and others can get to the campus.

Although I wrote that Janice Hahn in Congress would probably be good for R.P.V. in the quest to secure Federal Dollars for the repair of San Ramon Canyon and the Tarrapaca landslide, I find the candidacy of Debra Bowen wonderful and also and even better, the prospects of having Marcy Winograd run for the 36th.

Why aren't R.P.V. and San Pedro residents not attending "Kiss Me Kate" at the Warner Grand Theatre, in San Pedro?

The 2-1/2 hour show features a cast of 27 very talented and hard working singers and dancers.

Where else could you see a Cole Porter musical in a theatre built in 1931 by the four Warner Brothers, while being entertained for such a low price.
www.therelevantstage.com has tickets available for this weekend's closing performances.

I was very involved with the Relevant Stage Theatre Company for just over two years before moving on to other projects. I taped the show for archival purposes and I feel that the entire Company have really done a great job.

In talking to some folks, we are embarrassed that the San Pedro community and folks living in Eastview and other parts of our city haven't taken up on the gift of the opportunity to see how a good show is put on. This production rivals and betters all other productions that are not on major stages thoughout L.A., New York, and other large cities. It is touring company quality at a very low price.

I am supporting on member of the Republican Party for a seat on our City Council, so far.

I support the candidacy of one Democratic Party member who may announce his candidacy after March 8, again so far.

Even though I am very far to the left involving State, Federal, and World politics, I have found some really good folks that I could support for seats on our Council, no matter what their voter registration is.

My consideration of support deals exclusively with the issues at hand and in the future and the character of the person I choose to support. I didn't vote for Brian and Anthony, but they both know I am watching and helping to guard their backs. They have done very well for us in our city, even with the "R" associated with both of these fine gentlemen.

The current processing of the video is finished for now. It's back to editing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment