Wednesday, November 2, 2011

If You Want To Vote For One Conservative, Vote For Jerry Duhovic

This post is NOT an endorsement suggesting everyone should vote for Mr. Jerry Duhovic but if you wish to put him onto our council rather than Susan Brooks, and/or Dora de la Rosa, please positively consider Jerry Duhovic.

Jerry is a decent person, yet one who is too conservative for me to vote for and he recognizes that. He certainly does not appear to me to be someone who could be bought or buy a ficcus "hedge" from Trump.

There is one very important thing that all voters should know about where Jerry lives and what he would most likely do, concerning anything at Trump National Golf Course. It is something Dora and Susan are not affected by or potentially restricted by, either.

Jerry lives within 500 feet of the property line of Trump National Golf Course.

As such, he will most probably recuse himself from any vote on any issue regarding anything involving Trump National Golf Course. Jerry has stated that to me and restated that to others.

I agree with Jerry's position on this so I know any contribution made to him by any Trump entity would garner no vote either for or against any vote brought forth concerning Trump National Golf Course. That's just plain honest and correct.

I strongly urge all to vote for Mr. Dave Emenhiser and Mr. Jim Knight.

But since there are three seats open on our new council AND I have written previously that I do not feel any candidate who has already been elected to any office should gain a seat on this new council, it become more realistic that should voters choose to vote for a third candidate, then I feel that Jerry Duhovic would be a much better choice than Susan, Dora, Eric and yes, even Ken Dyda.

I feel there would be the best balance available to all of our residents by having the vastest amounts of experiences demonstrated on our council and having Dave and Jim joining Brian and Anthony will allow someone like Jerry to also fit in the best into the mix.

A new council made of of these five, Anthony, Brian, Dave, Jim and Jerry would bring a much greater depth of 'coverage' in most of the matters we have to deal with, in RPV.

The real estate experiences of Brian's, the business experiences and community sharing we see with Anthony's associations with both RPV and San Pedro will be bolstered quite well by the three other candidates that might join them to create the most effective and balanced council we could have.

Dave Emenhiser has been a educated leader for human resources and he has a record on the Finance Advisory Committee and now our Planning Commission that will offer all our residents and businesses very good representation throughout our city. He has worked in government and for governments so he knows all sides of the aisles, I feel.

Our city needs Jim Knight on the council, probably now more than ever. His vast knowledge of environmental, planning, development, and governmental matters are now so very important as we move forward with issues like San Ramon Canyon, our city's sewer system, Portuguese Bend, our storm drains and other infrastructure issues as well as how we can lead other cities by showing them 'how it is done so very well'.

Jerry Duhovic may add the best balance that no other conservative candidate will offer, now that our council will move from a more 'liberal' status to a more 'conservative' status, compared to every other conservative candidate now running.

Jerry is also an experienced business person. He is currently Vice Chair of our Finanace Advisory Committee.

If folks think Tom Long has been and is continuing to be divisive, I can assure you that Jerry will not bring any sort of divisiveness that I strongly suspect Susan Brooks would join the new council with, in the form of baggage she seems to have been carrying since she lost her races for Congress.

Jerry, along with Dave Emenhiser both understand that when our council was considering 'pension reform' the Finance Advisory Committee should have been given the go ahead by the council to study and then ADVISE the council. Both men have expressed dissatisfaction with our council that the Finance Advisory Committee was not asked to ADVISE council members.

Jerry also shares a strong issue with me and others that ALL of our residents need to see transparency with information from our city's staff that good folks like Ken Dyda has also been calling for.

I think Jerry and I will have better discussions about our differences related to pension reform and the unionization of our staff than I suspect I would have with Susan Brooks or even Dora de la Rosa. I know we are going to disagree, but Jerry and I have already had several decent discussions where we can disagree, but remain respectful of each other.

Sadly, neither Susan or Dora has sought to discuss many issues with me that we may agree or disagree with.

I feel it would be the far worst case scenario should Dora, Susan and Jerry all get elected, this November.

It would be a still very bad election night ending to see Susan and Jerry get elected.

But seeing Dave, Jim and Jerry taking seats this December may be the best outcome for everyone in our city. All three have demonstrated more respect and offered the most intelligent and thoughtful answers to questions in all three Forums, than I have recorded for the other candidates, even though I might not like their answers, personally.

If you are already prepared to vote for Dave and Jim, I think you are making the correct choices.

If you still wish to vote for a third candidate I can think of lots of reasons to NOT VOTE for Susan, Dora or Eric (yet).

I think that IF you decide to vote for a third candidate and you are considering between Jerry Duhovic and Ken Dyda, you have a very difficult decision to make, but if you still want that third ink-a-vote dot placed somewhere, you may want to consider the wonderfulness of an honored mentor that Ken Dyda is and should remain as you might simply place your dot by Jerry's name.

Again, I still am not willing to place a third mark on my ballot, but since I still have somewhat of a Constitution to live by, we all have the right to make the choices we feel our best.

Both Jerry and I find it a bit strange that the article about campaign contributions made by a Trump organization in The Daily Breeze did not mention a similar campaign contribution made to Dave Emenhiser by "VH Properties", the same check-writing group that provided Jerry and Dave with the $1,000 contributions. I hope it was just an error by the newspaper's staff.

Also I too find Tom Long's interpretation of the positions taken by Jerry and another candidate about the pension plan issues. Workers actually were voted a give-back by our council with the city-paid 6-1/2% portion of the pension plan that workers now must pay for.

The gain was a 5% increase in pay as an offset for a 6-1/2% 'contribution' that the city was ending and which the individual workers would now have to pay for.

No matter what anyone says, a 6-1/2% giveback for a 5% increase in pay, is a loss, not a gain.

I am sure we will get to revisit pension reform with the new council. I would much rather state my points to Anthony, Brian, Dave, Jim and Jerry than I would to a council membership that includes Susan and/or Dora.

No comments:

Post a Comment