Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Results!

I thank all the candidates who put themselves out there in service to all of us in Rancho Palos Verdes and I congratulate Ms. Susan Brooks, Mr. Jerry Duhovic and Mr. Jim Knight.

Candidate

Party

Votes

Percent

SUSAN BROOKS

NP

3,929

20.42

JERRY DUHOVIC

NP

3,398

17.66

JIM KNIGHT

NP

2,731

14.2

DAVE EMENHISER

NP

2,584

13.43

KEN DYDA

NP

2,529

13.15

DORA M DE LA ROSA

NP

2,319

12.05

ERIC ALEGRIA

NP

1,353

7.03

CYNTHIA SMITH

NP

396

2.06

Registration

27,264

Precincts Reporting

20

Total Precincts

20

% Precincts Reporting

100


The voters of RPV have spoken and although I am somewhat sad to be able to watch Dave Emenhiser join the council, I am very happy that we will be able to call Jim, Councilman Knight, in the near future.

I hope all the newly elected members find comfort in working with the future Mayor Anthony Misetich and most likely, Mayor Pro Tem Brian Campbell.

I voted exactly the way I wrote I would, by voting for just two candidates.

I will try to get a breakdown by precincts on the east side to see who did well in our area.

Again, I very much appreciated all of the candidates' concerns for those of us living on the east side of The Hill and they all recognized the importance of our residents and businesses 'over here' and I am waiting to see if 'we' provided more than a normal 11% voter turnout, which is embarrassing.

I also wish to thank the good folks in the Rolling Hills Riviera HOA who helped get the word out about the candidates so 'our' residents could make the most informed votes for whom they chose to vote for.

We may not agree on everything, but we just witnessed yet another victory for our right to vote, which is something so many people on this planet never have the choice to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment