Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Unscheduled Odds and Ends

This is another of infrequent updates to this blog.

I just posted a sixth candidate's Web site's address on the "Links" portion of this blog. Craig Mueller has his Web site up and running. The only remaining candidate whose Web site, if any, that is not linked on this blog is John McTaggart.

It appears the candidates are out and about. Mr. Mueller spoke at a recent City Council meeting. Other candidates are informing me about their kick-off events or other events they are attending.

We have, here on the east side of The Hill, Mr. Paul Tetreault as a candidate and a Miraleste resident running for one of the two seats up in this election. Unfortunately, I am not able to get to his Web site as I am writing this post.

I don't know much yet about Mr. Tetreault other than he recused himself as a member of the R.P.V. Planning Commission and its review and vote concerning the Marymount College Facilities Expansion Project.

Mr. Tetreault and his family live on Via Colinita which has been a raceway for careening cars and motorcycles on The Hill for generations.

I respect Mr. Tetreault's decision to recuse himself on the matter, but I wish he could have voted 'nay' on lots of the parts of the Project.

I can't say yet whether living on the east side of Rancho Palos Verdes itself might help garner more support and votes from our densely populated area. But I do think if any candidate works hard to try to gather voters to start coming to the polls in the Eastview area, they probably will find it much easier to take a seat on the Council at the beginning of December.

I know one candidate is having a kick-off event on September 12. Terri and I will be working at a fundraiser for the Cabrillo Aquarium that day. We will take other opportunities and attend other events to learn more about the candidates we think might make good representatives for us in our city.

Personally, five of the seven certified candidates seem like I want to learn much more about them. There are two candidates I find unfavorable to me, at this point.

But there is a long time before I will cast my ballot and there is a long time for you to make your decisions, too.
_________________________________________

The big dumpster seen near where Amalfatano's Bakery may be going in was for the remodel Hillside Liquors. We were hoping work would be happening at a fever pitch to get that full service bakery opening up.
_________________________________________

Please remember that our City Council meets on September 12, 2009 to work on and possible vote on the appeal filed by CCC/ME regarding the Marymount College Facilities Expansion Project.

If you have opinions and cannot attend the meeting, members of the Council ask you to Email them at cc@rpv.com with your comments.

Please include specifics with your comments, whether you approve or disapprove of the Project as the Planning Commission has approved.



No comments:

Post a Comment