Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Good Morning! Please Vote!

Good morning.

My campaign to oppose Measure P, The Marymount Plan is finally over. And not a second too soon for myself and my wife.

The post was written for publishing late last night just after I posted the letter from the city asking Marymount's President to let the city know how he and his college would resolve their promise to the residents of Rancho Palos Verdes.

I have absolutely no idea what the outcome of the Special Election will be except that I don't expect to see Dr. Michael Brophy as Marymount's President on January 1, 2011.

I think he was brought in to get dorms approved and if Measure P fails, he will be sent packing and if Measure P passes, he will head off to another College that wants on campus housing and he would have a victory under his belt to fill his resume.

No matter what happens today, I hope humor can be restored where it has been lacking for far too long.

As this day ends and tomorrow begins, Ponte Vista, The Annenberg Project, San Ramon Canyon, the new grant to extend the Coastal Trail, and a host of other things will still be issues that could benefit or harm our community.

We must not get burned out because of the results of today's Special Election, no matter how it turns out.

It may be hot and windy today so watch out for downed branches and be careful if it gets really windy.

I have been blessed and honored beyond all measure in my work with a number of fantastic Rancho Palos Verdes residents and leaders who truly have our community's residents in their hearts and on their minds during far too many of their waking hours.

I will write specific thank yous later tonight or very early tomorrow morning.

What a city. What a State. What a country.

Please vote "No" on Measure P, the Marymount Plan.

Safety. Everyone. Everywhere. Every hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment