Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Give Up With Patch

I tried a couple of times to submit blog posts on the new blog area of RPV Patch.

One of the reasons I don't have advertising on my blogs is because I get to write what I wish to write without too much resistance from anyone. My postings reflect offer information, discussion points, my comments and I have encouraged others to write comments which I will publish on one of my blogs, no matter what.

I don't seem to be able to follow all of the rules created and enforced by Meredith of Rancho Palos Verdes Patch, so I think I will pass on offering any more posts with that media.

When I first became interested in working with RPV Patch on its blogging section, I guess I thought it would be used by Rancho Palos Verdes bloggers for Rancho Palos Verdes residents, primarily. After all, it is called Rancho Palos Verdes Patch.

I may be wrong, but one of the first bloggers on Patch lives in Redondo Beach. Google 'Redondo Beach Patch' and it comes up as an advertised item.

Actually, I found the Redondo Beach resident who wrote a blog on Rancho Palos Verdes Patch to be less than funny and not in any way having political thoughts compared to mine. It is probably common for many in R.P.V. to not have much in common with me politically so viewing the Redondo Beach resident's submission was only quizzical to me because of the person's Redondo Beach residence.

I haven't found any other blogger who has provided as much information, comment, commenting access, opinion and other resource opportunities for Rancho Palos Verdes residents than I have. I really hope there are other Rancho Palos Verdes resident bloggers out there. Perhaps when I read Patch I will see posts from those Meredith approved blog postings for.

My latest blogging attempt was denied because, according to an Email I opened from Meredith;

"We can't publish blogs that are purely self-promotional. So unfortunately, a blog about your blogs fits this criteria."

So, while I have promoted blogs and sites by others for years on my blogs, I guess Meredith thinks the information, discussion, resources and other things offered to everyone, for free on my blogs, is 'self-promotional'.

I was considering that if I were to inform readers of Rancho Palos Verdes Patch the opportunities to find my blogs, then a wider range of thought, debate and consideration by a larger number of readers to both my East RPV blog and Patch would be good for both types of media. My Ponte Vista blog, the only other blog I placed the URL on my blog for Patch, deals with Ponte Vista at San Pedro.

There are certainly far fewer readers of my blogs than there are readers of just about any part of the 'Patch' network. That is to be expected. So for now, I will post what I wish to post on my blogs and Meredith will continue to edit content on her site.

It would be nice to read more blogs on Rancho Palos Verdes Patch from writers living in Rancho Palos Verdes and dealing with Rancho Palos Verdes items and issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment