Friday, May 13, 2011

What? What! It Just Wasn't There!

Thursdays brings The Palos Verdes Peninsula News, wrapped inside The Daily Breeze to our driveway.

So, I opened The News up and didn't see what I expected to see. So, I looked again. I checked each page of the first section a third time.

Either I am going blind or more senile, or it just wasn't there. Not in a half page form. Not taking up a full page. Not on the back page of the newspaper. Not even taking up two pages.

Maybe enough just got to be enough.

Sure, there was a letter to the editor about it, but that is normal and free.

Perhaps they have written the same things over and over again or illustrated the previous advertisements repeatedly.

I know I didn't feel I was missing an old 'friend' because I didn't find what I expected to find.

Could they be taking time off to create some new arguments and comments that might sway folks who remain completely opposed?

Did someone in city government get to them and suggest they lay low for a while?

Many of us are already at the point where we know all of their arguments and we know the same slew of material offered by the opposition.

Maybe they are finally going to wait until Sacramento weighs in before they provide lots of money to our local newspaper to again run ads for their project.

I'll wait until next Thursday morning to see if they could stay from publishing on a local newspaper story.

No comments:

Post a Comment