Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Annenberg Project halted!

A few minutes ago I received an Email sent out to many residents from Councilman Brian Campbell.

Here is Councilman Campbell's Email:

"Fellow residents,

I’ve been informed this morning that work on the Annenberg Project proposed for Lower Point Vicente has been halted.

I have no further details at this time. I expect to hear more from the Annenberg Foundation in the very near future. However, this clearly would have been a difficult decision for them and hard on the many local supporters of this project.

The Annenberg Foundation, and their local executives, are some of the finest people anyone could have as neighbors and they have done enormously good work in Palos Verdes over the years. They were, for example, instrumental in helping RPV to acquire the final parcels necessary to complete the 1,400 acre Palos Verdes Nature Preserve that ensured this open space remained so in perpetuity and have been very generous with our local public schools. I sincerely hope that their important and valued involvement in our community will continue.

Best regards,

Brian"

For me, this is sad on many levels. It is also alarming to me.

1 comment: