Thursday, September 22, 2011

Shaming a Racist Bigot and Hopefully the Candidate(s) They Support

The following is an old Email sent out to a number of individuals who may be sympathetic to the author's issues and claims (bigotry).

I have personally talked to the writer of this Email as they were supporting at least one of the seven candidates for the three seats on our City Council. They seemed to be as bigoted and racist in my conversations as the Email seems to prove they are.

While I support and have defended our First Amendment rights of Free Speech and Assembly, I feel it is necessary to offer this Email in an attempt to expose one particular supporter of one or more candidates so that the candidate or those candidates get back to the author and talk to them how the author's support might not be the best thing for those seeking an elected position.

Also, I have redacted names, business names, names of countries, and gender to hinder those seeking the identity of the author for more rebuke than they are getting here.

I hope to shame the living **** (rhymes with 'hit') out of the writer and those that responded favorably to what the person wrote in an Email chain, I also have.

I do admit there was one very vocal critic of the writer's words in an organization associated with many of the Email addresses the writer sent the Email to, and other affiliations. I thank that individual for that.

I also commend the "V.I.P" who responded harshly critical of the writer's Email.

Now I have the Email and the addresses of all who the writer sent the original Email to, at the cusp of Winter to Spring of this year.

I also have the Email address of those who were part of the lengthy stream that followed the initial Email stream.

I found it sadly disgusting that so many 'prominent' people in our city would be considered to curry sympathetic feelings by the writer to be sent the original Email.

If this gets me into trouble with those folks who have addresses appearing on the original Email and throughout the response stream, well, how about they disavow everything the writer spews about?

Folks, we don't need this kind of crap coming from residents of our city. The author needs to pick up and head behind "The Orange Curtain" or to some other Tea Party region of the country, say Texas.

For what it is worth, the Email contains the admission that the writer receives "Federal Government socialized benefits" and therefore acknowledges their hypocrisy in kind and manner.

Here goes the Email from the racist bigot we need to all shy away from of confront them with their hate-filled, anti American trash-writing:

"Maybe my math is fuzzy as I do not believe the numbers add up to 41,643 for 2010 but rather 44,371. There are probably many reasons for this discrepancy, however, the reporter did not point out any. For example, the world seems to be mostly populating with mixed race people. Take President Obama, he is of mixed race (Caucasian and African American), and he and his immediate family prefer to call themselves black. I believe (my personal opinion and perhaps that of others) that for the most part people of mixed race prefer to list themselves in a minority group for many reasons. I think we can all think of many benefits extended to minorities without my listing any. From what I have read/heard, whites are a minority in CA (and I am surprised that our ******** population in RPV is not higher). It certainly appears to be in my neighborhood. When I purchased my home in **** there was one *********** directly across the street. I believe currently there are only 8 whites living on my street which has 23 individual houses. Of those, one house is vacant and one contains people who may or may not be mixed race? However, we are looking at way less than 50% whites here.

Although the walking voter list was old, apparently, most of the listed voters were not the **********....one single ******** is registered Republican, and one who has always claimed to be Republican did admit that ******** is not registered and was not on the list. Since I have known ******** for a great many years, when I approached ******** with my "No on C", and asked ******** why ******** was not on my voter list, ******** sheepishly admitted that ******** has never voted.

Then my experiences re passing out the literature in front of the supermarkets. I always asked people if they were RPV residents as we did not need to waste our precious volunteer monies, and most people would either state no RHE, PVE, Texas, etc. or no, I cannot vote as I am not a citizen. However, what was most disturbing was when I asked the ******** appearing people almost unanimously they would just immediately turn their face away from me and make NO response. To me that was rude that they refused to basically acknowledge my question. Someone suggested that they probably are not citizens. Of course, legal immigrants (I know some) cannot vote as they have never become citizens.

Maybe some of you are older and wiser, maybe some born here so have been here longer than I, however, the changes since I came to Los Angeles as an ** year old in **** just out of high school are not all for the better. For example, when I was ** years old (young without wrinkles in those days), I was managing 5 separate ******** on their night shifts. I specifically recall one night a week I was at the ******** office. I would lock up, take the money envelope and drop it in the bank night deposit box on my way to wait for the midnight bus. I wouldn't want to repeat that anywhere in Los Angeles these days.

Now, for the question, "How do we win them over"? I was taught there is no such thing as ALWAYS AND NEVER. That said, I will only point out the illegal Mexican issue and again bear in mind that not all people are bad......However, I believe the reason most (not all) immigrants from certain countries not only come here for our freedoms, but our benefits. How many times have we watched the news and hear, "I got here so now you owe me". I was born in the USA (of course, my great, great grandparents immigrated from Europe, however, they did not come here for free medical, housing, food, etc. There was none, and they worked hard to get ahead and earn their way.

Things seem to continue to disintegrate and it is harder and harder to find true Americans and/or honest people to do business with. Within the recent past, (I am on Medicare Advantage as I have no supplemental health insurance and cannot for the most part pick a specific doctor without a big hassle). Six months ago, I had ******** and was medicated and given a retyped paper to sign after being medicated to point I couldn't read it because I questioned (before medication) what it said and wrote on it. Now (I have) more discomfort/pain than before the surgery and limits (to) (what) I can wear. I believe ******** is a foreigner as ******** declined to state ********ethnicity. During that time, I took a custom made bedspread to ******** across from the ******** to be laundered. $25 later I got it home, still dirty. I went back, they refused to talk to me, refused to give me their names, refused to return calls, etc. I stopped payment of my cc payment, filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I just received a letter from the BBB advising in the absence of any response from the company to this complaint despite our two request to them, we are closing our file on this complaint, but will keep it open for future inquiries for three years, etc. These people are ********. I have never before encountered someone refusing as these people do. I guess they get away with it. In their acknowledgement letter, the BBB suggested up front the need to report these type of people on the proper website and hurt their business via word of mouth. I was even told by another doctor to do the same re Dr.********. By the way, I have a friend who stated (others) also had trouble with ********. Apparently, other people got severe infections after seeing Dr.********, so I am not alone. I also got taken by ********. I paid for new read brakes and a couple months later had brake failure and an accident. I was stupid and went back to show them my car, of course, ******** wanted to examine it. An $80 brake fluid flush cover up fixed the air in the lines and after the brakes worked fine. I have since refused to go back to that (foreigner) despite the fact that ******** has the cheapest gas on the hill. Also, don't go to ******** just off Western before PCH. No Contractor’s License folks.Since ******** had a nice neat store (I never question HD or Lowe's stores re a license), I was careless and so far they have tried to intimidate and threaten me into letting them come back, however, I have told them they are not welcome until they produce valid licenses as I need no further incompetent work by them. The Contractor's License Bd. says they are definitely unlicensed, and regarding their offering me their licensed subcontractor at a discount to correct/finish the job.....that is also illegal. An unlicensed contractor cannot send/refer anyone. NOTE: on his business card ******** has an expired license number of some company in Oregon as I have learned after the fact.

Finally, what can we do? I sure don't know. I think the Democrats in CA and other states have them in their pockets via promising benefits, keeping control of their political party. Why should anyone who gets free medical, housing, early age full salary retirement (some even take early benefits and start another career), and on and on, vote them out? The Democrats keep raising our taxes to pay for the inflated government benefits including salaries. Measure C, if the breakdown was known, was probably defeated more by the unions. Of course, City Hall does not like the fact that our small group awakened a sleeping lion to what they thought they could slip in under the table.

Of course, we can't give up, however, I am interested in hearing what people smarter and wiser than myself think we should/can do. Until I got tired of having my brain picked, I worked on my next door ******** neighbors (admitted Democrats) (they remodeled their house when it got too dirty and rotted out). Although ******** English is poor, ******** claimed a college degree from ********, passed the teaching exam. ******** taught downtown. It must have been fruitful for a poor English speaking teacher to teach Hispanics who did not speak English. They know how to make money. Last year, ******** was offered full early retirement, and I believe was offered 35K to retire. Shortly thereafter another new car appeared in the driveway. Initially, the ******** had a ********store (******** said most of the customers were on welfare/Orange County ), sold that and purchased a car wash with oil/service change station close to South Coast Shopping Mall. One day I asked ******** if ******** Mexican workers were legal. To which ******** responded, "Our attorney told us to just keep a copy of their driver's license and social security card, etc. What happened to the government number to call to verify legality? There is a sign in the window at the ********restaurant in the So. Bay Galleria that they call and verify legality. I also asked ******** one day if ******** was a licensed mechanic. ******** said no, didn't have to be as long as they have a licensed mechanic on duty to oversee all work. The Contractor's Lic. Bd. does not allow that. Now, I am wondering if they are illegally running a business?

(Name)

****************************************************

It is none of your business how I came to have the Email and response stream. I won't tell you when I received it, either.

I will admit that the Email, response stream and Email addresses contained are secure and I have no imminent reason to divulge any of it, to anyone.

It is hoped by me that the writer is confronted by the candidate(s) who they have offered vocal and repeated endorsement of, gets the writer alone in a room and tell the writer to either remain quiet or simply remove themselves from outward support for the candidate(s).

While they have a right to write what they wish to write, I think they might have the opportunity to help ruin the candidacy of at least one current candidate, or more.

I won't identify the author or the name(s) of the candidate(s), at this point. For now, I'll let others spread rumors as to all of the identities, if they wish, but not here on this post or in any comments.

What I would love to learn is that the candidate(s) who receive(s) campaign contributions from the writer of the Email, have a 'talk' with that writer and tells them that their thinking is not in line with any beliefs of the candidate(s) and then the candidate(s) returns all contributions made to their campaign(s) by the writer of the Email. That should determine whether the candate(s) is/are worthy of represeting ALL of the residents of Rancho Palos Verdes.

1 comment:

  1. Now, for some more personal comments from me.

    The author is an idiot, besides being an ill-informed hate-monger.

    Many of my 'regular' readers know that one of the four parts of the 2010 Federal Census I was employed to undertake was as a "NRFU" Census Taker.
    Non Response Follow Up was the last part of the Census where employees drove and walked to residences where the census forms had not been returned.

    In general, there are companies and governments of several countries that send highly trained workers to live in our city while working in other areas in the South Bay and other parts of L.A.

    These entities purchase somewhat expensive housing for those temporarily living in our city. These companies, governments and temporary residents spend LOTS of money in our city and in our area and no matter where the folks come from, all of us should make them feel welcome and appreciate that they are here to learn, teach, work, and above all, spend money.

    Our city also welcomes members of the Salvation Army's Officer's Corp and no matter what those wonderful people look like or where they are from, it leaves a very foul taste in just about everyone's mouth when we have idiots like the writer of that Email offering that there are permanent residents of our city who are foul, disgusting haters.

    The vast majority of our residents are so much better than the author of that Email...I hope. Sadly, the names and Email addresses appearing on the Email and response stream illustrate that we have a long way to go to rid our city of haters, bigots, and some truely offensive folks.

    It is hoped that I never confront the writer again. I would be embarrassed and ashamed to support a candidate the author supports if I didn't hear or read some rebuke from that or those candidates.

    It would also be reasonable to suggest that the "small group" the writer refers to also provides rebuke and disassociation with the elements and feelings of the writer. Sadly, only one member of that "small group" has offered such rebuke to those who have received the response stream.

    Is it reasonable then to associate the writer's Email feelings to the candidate(s) and "small group" the writer supports? Time will tell on that question, I hope.

    Mark Wells

    ReplyDelete