Sunday, October 3, 2010

"Crickets" and Drunk Jojo"


This is a parody video. Unlike many parody videos, this one is not really a funny one.

The audio captured while I was recording on the sidewalk outside the Marymount College campus has not been altered in any way.

I did hear some crickets in the background but they sounded nothing like what is heard edited during the "Crickets" television and online advertisement in support of Measure P, The Marymount Plan.

I also recorded sounds while legally parked near the Pacific Heights off-campus student housing facility Marymount College owns. The audio recording was conducted at about 11:30 PM on Saturday October 2, 2010.

I will admit it was reasonably quiet while I was recording and the only really loud sounds came from a coed returning to the facility at the end of a date and commenting that she had a lot to drink. That conversation took place between the young woman after she left the car sitting in the middle of the street while making her way to the front door. She and her date spoke fairly loudly to each other and after the last word, the date sped down 24Th Street towards Gaffey Street.

The longest audio bits on my video come from "Drunk Jojo is from BX Son!".

After I found the video I continued searching to make sure which "Marymount College" Jojo attended when this video appeared on Youtube in March, 2009.

I found another positive reference that Jojo was indeed a Marymount College, Palos Verdes student, living at the Palos Verdes North off-campus housing facility.

With Marymount College's new participation as a four-year institution and the fact that even 21-year old college students are legally allowed to purchase beverages containing alcohol, it is a certain fact that alcohol will continue to be a problem as it is in just about every communal residence facility for college students.

I think the video and Jojo pretty much speak for themselves.

I support The Marymount College Facilities Expansion Project and I oppose Measure P, the Marymount Plan.

Please vote 'No' on Measure P.

Safety. Everyone. Everywhere. Every hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment