Friday, October 8, 2010

"Inadvertent"? I Don't Believe It For One Second!


Click on images to enlarge.


For a four-year College, and institution of higher learning and having Board of Trustee members who don't like questions about character and the campaign, there are some really stupid things continuing with Marymount's desperation in its attempts to gain voter approval of an unsafe Measure that will increase traffic 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

It was confirmed to me that one highly placed individual having some responsibility for the error that appeared in yesterday's Palos Verdes Peninsula News and South Bay Daily Breeze, believes the use of "Rancho Palos Verdes Peninsula Chamber of Commerce" was an "inadvertent error".

Naturally I was not surprised one bit to pick up today's mail and find the exact same "error" on two copies of the latest mailer.

Coincidence, we think not!

Are we too believe that the same editor and printer of the newspapers is the exact same persons who had the newest mailers printed?

How come nobody spotted the "inadvertent error" prior to the mailers being deposited with the U.S. Postal Service?

Could it be that it was no "error" at all?

Might it be another step down the long path of deception and false and misleading statements coming from the Marymount Campaign? I think, yes on this one.

I guess Marymount doesn't want you educated in the fact that there are at least four cities on "The Hill" and on the peninsula and most of the businesses that have Palos Verdes Peninsula Chamber of Commerce members do not have those businesses in Rancho Palos Verdes.

I guess Marymount wants folks to shop only in Rancho Palos Verdes which if fine with me, but completely impractical and hasn't been done in let's right....ever.

How come every single mailer, claim, and T.V. add provides me with ample ammunition to make a mockery of Marymount's campaign of misstatements, falsehoods, and deception?

Why can't an institution of a caliber Marymount seeks to attain use only facts and the whole truth in their campaign to have new municipal codes approved by voters?

Folks, I never graduated college and I can take apart just about every single point Marymount uses in its campaign and all I need to do is stick with the truth and the real facts.

If uneducated, old, fat, and retired me can continue to use only the truth and facts, why can't or more importantly, won't, Marymount's campaign, Dr. Brophy, and the Marymount College Board of Trustees do likewise?

Oh that's right, I am not seeking a humongous revenue gain, perhaps.

I am not attempting to take over municipal codes for my own good or greed.

I am using safety and the terrible tragedies of Kamil, James, the Professor, and Drunk Jojo to offer as illustrations about how unsafe on-campus housing at Marymount would be.

Has Marymount put $1.566 Million Dollars, so far, as the price of safety or the cost it is not willing to bare?

Today brought my humor back from my utter disgust with Marymount College's campaign, yesterday.

I hope Marymount takes a breather from commercials and campaign mailers because I need to get back to set building rather than fact-checking and educating folks when Marymount pulls another stunt.

I wonder if Jojo ever sobered up and what she is doing now.

If I ever learn who created the "Rancho Palos Verdes Peninsula Chamber of Commerce" I would love to sell that person one of the two acres of The Moon I bought while attending CSULB.

No comments:

Post a Comment