Monday, September 13, 2010

All Of This Is Getting Very Ugly, Far Too Quickly

I would love to call a truce and just stick with both sides dealing with the facts and the whole truth and without one side throwing threats, implied or direct, against persons opposed to Measure P.

But it just won't stop.

The latest bit I have dealt with directly is Dr. Brophy requesting that Mr. Lewis intervene in some way with what I published within my latest Bits and Pieces.

I wrote to Dr. Brophy directly. I have no fear of writing him directly using his Marymount College Email address.

Thanks, but as long as a process server doesn't appear to hand me documents to me as a defendant or respondent in a lawsuit in which the Petitioner represents any interests concerning Marymount College, I don't need Mr. Lewis or any other attorney fighting my battles.

But should I receive a summons or a legal document in which I am named a Party of any kind, you know very well who I am going to call, as immediately as possible.

To that and to attempt to do something positive for Dr. Brophy, here is the following:

If I get in a legal tussle with any member of the "Marymount Community" here is probably one of the best three lawyers I could think of:

Jeffrey Lewis
Attorney at Law

Office: 609 Deep Valley Drive, Suite 200, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
Mail: P.O. Box 3201, Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
Tel. (310) 265-4490 • Fax. (310) 872-5389 • E-Mail: Jeff@JeffLewisLaw.com
Web: www.JeffLewisLaw.com

So now I have published what I omitted in Mr. Lewis' letter to Mr. Arnold.

If Mr. Lewis is not available to help me with legal matters, I don't know if I could, but I would like to engage Mr. Doug Stern or Mr. Tom Long before I headed down a longer list of good Attorneys at Law.

I don't know how many of the current and former Planning Commission members are also attorneys, but they all know a whole bunch of information about Marymount and they would be good people to possibly contact.

And yes, I do have a few "aces up my sleeve" that I could call on for advise or possibly representation.

A few attorneys I know and have discussed various matters with have names many of you would quickly recognize, I am sure.

But why should it get even that far?

What does Marymount College's "Community" members fear from me? It should be nothing.

Included in my Email to Dr. Brophy were some questions that I, not being an attorney, have no idea what the answers are.

I will wait for some type of response before I decide whether to publish them or not. How long I wait depends on folks representing Marymount College.

I guess you can also easily tell that I am regularly communicating with individuals who provide useful information for me and most of the information is relevant in attempting to educate voters about Measure P, The Marymount Plan and ways supporters and representatives of Marymount College are using with regards to opposition to Measure P, The Marymount Plan.

Mr. Rodney King asked for something that doesn't seem possible; "Can't we all just get along?"

Sadly, it doesn't seem like one side is willing to try. It's not the side opposed to Measure P.

So I will just keep plugging and writing and learning and educating along. More folks are plugging, writing, learning, and educating, also.

By November 2, I hope every voter who votes in the Special Election is educated and knows all the facts about The Marymount College Facilities Expansion Project and The Marymount Plan.

Once educated, there is little doubt that voters will reject Measure P.

Please vote "No" on Measure P.

No comments:

Post a Comment