Saturday, September 18, 2010

One Response From Councilman Misetich

Rather than wonder what Councilman Anthony Misetich was thinking when he made the quote used by Marymount College reps in a recent full page newspaper ad, why don't I just post Councilman Misetich's factual history of the quote and what he was really referring to.

Below is part of the body of an Email Councilman Misetich sent to me:

"The quote that they used was from the council meeting regarding the Charter City discussion. I was referring to the RPV electorate being engaged unlike the City of Bell electorate which was not. Have a good weekend and hope to see you at the council meeting."

I do admit that I did not post the entire body of the Email because it did contain information just for my viewing that Councilman Misetich may follow up on, should he do so in public.

As you can see from the factual history of the person who spoke the words that were also recorded on videotape, the quote has absolutely nothing to do with any school in the city of Rancho Palos Verdes.

If I write, I support Marymount's abilitiy to build an expansion project at its Palos Verdes Drive East campus, but without dorms, somebody might simply place quotes before the"I" and after the "s" in campus, add three dots, and make it appear that I am something other than opposed to Measure P.

So the key learning here is watch what you say in public and write to folks because it can created the idea of something you really don't support that ends up looking like you support it.

Please be sure to watch or attend the coming Tuesday's City Council meeting, like you should do for every C.C. meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment