Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Book. Some Sites. Where To Invest?

Profit by Investing in Student Housing: Cash in on the Campus Housing Shortage
By: Michael H. Zaransky, is a book that informs investors on where to look to earn more income and profits for investing in companies that deal with On-campus and Off-campus student housing.

I have not read the book, but somebody may have in the "Marymount Community" as Dr. Michael Brophy seems to refer to anyone associated with Marymount College or possibly all supporters of Measure P, The Marymount Plan.

Here are three Web sites of different companies providing campus housing and investment opportunities for those who may be interested in making money from Marymount's dorms, should Measure P pass and all the legal hurdles are jumped over:

http://www.assetcampushousing.com/

http://www.americancampus.com/

http://www.campusadv.com/index.htm

I have no idea is Marymount Board of Trustees have any financial interests in any of the three companies I have listed the Web site of.

I have no idea which, if any, company Marymount Board of Trustees or College Administrators might go with, should Measure P pass.

I have no idea whether talks are already underway with any campus-housing company for any rights or financials based on Measure P's passage.

But after ten years of study and contemplation, if some folks associated with Marymount College have not yet begun talks with a company or companies or even made careful study of a company's ability to provide the revenue Marymount may be seeking, it is unreasonable to consider they (Marymount representatives) haven't looked into these matters.

So, is there a company that provides, administers, maintain, and provides revenue to a college that Marymount might be leaning towards?

Have members of the Marymount Community already invested in one particular company dealing with student housing?

Whatever has been done regarding personal investment in any company associated with student housing is perfectly legal and part of our economic system.

If funds in accounts of Marymount College been invested in a particular company or perhaps more than one student housing company, whether that is legal or not is something for real lawyers and accountants to determine.

I wonder how much support for Measure P is out there by folks who just might happen to know if Marymount is leaning towards a particular student-housing business, which company that might be, and how much they have invested or are ready to invest in, should Measure P pass.

I think that would be legal to do, too. But I think full disclosure is the most truthful and honest thing for those in the "Marymount Community" and those described as opponents of The Marymount Plan could do to help provide voters with the best information possible.

I am a Marymount College Facilities Expansion Project supporter and I have not invested one penny, to the best of my knowledge, in any company providing, maintain, or administering on and/or off campus student housing.

But I have a rather large portfolio of businesses that are parts of funds and I haven't looked at each and every company in any of the different funds I have, to date.

I guess retirement should also mean reading up on every company in each fund group retirement investments go into. I wish I had the time.

Maybe only some members of the "Marymount Community" have a heads up on where to put some investment money relating to student housing and if Measure P passes, those of us who don't have their information might lose out on an investment opportunity.

Of course there is always a chance that a new company might get formed to deal exclusively with any on-campus student housing affiliated with Marymount College.

And for the record, I don't know if a company affiliated with Marymount College maintains and administers the two off-campus housing sites for Marymount College. I should have done my homework on that by now. In the next five weeks I should know more facts about this particular topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment