Monday, September 6, 2010

Bits and Pieces 12

Today is a very busy day for me because I am building some props and helping to set up a benefit for the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium during much of today. I won't be able to post a longer post until the Sun sinks far below the horizon.

However, here are two important sources of information concerning proposals to change airspace uses in the sky of a fairly large part of the South Bay, the harbor, and Long Beach areas.

For me as always, I look for safety issues in all things and the proposal hoists all kinds of safety flags for me. At this point I am very uncomfortable with the proposal and possible changes in how and where private pilots can learn how to fly safely and then fly in the safest airspace possible, in Southern California.

The first link is to information provided on the Web site of the city of Rancho Palos Verdes:

The second link is to an article published today in The Daily Breeze:

http://www.palosverdes.com/rpv/citymanager/content/20100818_Update_Website_FAA%20airspace.cfm

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_16002211

I am certainly not supporting any chance of having greater safety problems just because of a private business interest's desire to have corporate power influence the rights and freedoms of pilots, flight instructors and other smaller business interests that also will make the skies over populated areas, less safe.

More will be posted this evening.
_____________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment